This is a notice to all customers who use a Software Token or Software Authenticator.
If you are using a Software Token or Software Authenticator (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.) on your smartphone and decide to switch to a new phone or delete the app, you will need to use an Emergency Removal Password to remove your Software Token/Software Authenticator from the old device, after which you must re-register the app to your new device. If you are planning on switching phones or deleting the application, please be sure you have your Emergency Removal Password at hand first.
*In the case you cannot perform an emergency removal of the Software Token/Software Authenticator, you will no longer be able to log in to or use the various services related to your applicable Square Enix account.
How to confirm your Emergency Removal Password
(1) Log in to the Square Enix Account Management System.
Square Enix Account Management System:
(2) After you have logged into the Square Enix Account Management System, your Emergency Removal Password will be displayed under “Token Usage Status” below the “Square Enix Account Information” section.
*The Emergency Removal Password is a one-time password that changes after each use. After you have used it, you must log into the Square Enix Account Management System again to obtain your new one-time Emergency Removal Password.
Before you switch phones or delete the application, please be sure to follow the above steps to confirm and store your Emergency Removal Password in a safe place. After you have switched phones or deleted your application, this password will be necessary to perform the Emergency Removal of the Software Token/Software Authenticator registered to your old device.
How to perform an emergency removal of your Software Token/Software Authenticator
(1) Go to the Software Token/Software Authenticator Emergency Removal page and enter your Square Enix ID and password and your Emergency Removal Password.
Software Token Emergency Removal page:
(2) An email containing the Software Token/Software Authenticator removal URL will be sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix account.
(3) Click on the URL to remove your Software Token/Software Authenticator
* Note that the URL will expire after 60 minutes. Please be sure to click on it and complete the removal of your Software Token/Software Authenticator before it expires.
How to Re-register your Software Token/Software Authenticator
If you have lost your Emergency Removal Password or are unable to perform the emergency removal of the Software Token yourself, the Support Center will be able to remove it for you once account ownership is verified. Please review the FAQ below for further details.
How do I remove the Square Enix Security Token from my account?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the steps described in this announcement, please contact the Square Enix Support Center.
Square Enix Support Center